Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Royal Twins talk about love

Princes Alexander and Philip, twins, talk with “Blic”

We want to get in love with Serbian women

By Milka Radovic


Prince Philip
Crown Prince Alexander II, Crown Princess Katherine, Princes Peter, Philip and Alexander together celebrated the Christmas holidays in Serbia. Last time the Princes were here was in August, and now they came to take a break, spend time with their family and to see friends. The twins Alexander and Philip, who live on their own for the last 12 years, revealed in their interview for “Blic” how much they like coming to Serbia, did they have any privileges in life for being princes… Prince Philip, who came to Belgrade this time without his longtime girlfriend Lucy Attwood claims there will be no wedding soon, before he realizes himself professionally.


What are your feelings about Belgrade?


Philip: I love this city, and my family is here. I come here pretty often, as often as I could. The atmosphere here is great.

Alexander: I love to come to Belgrade because people here are very interesting, and Serbs are very warm people, I would have loved to come more often if I only could.

Did the title of Prince help you in your career, and did you have any benefits in life because of that?

Philip: There are great expectations when someone is born with the title, and people usually believe that such persons are born with a “silver spoon”. It is much better not to show off the title, which is what I usually do in my professional and private circles, because I want to be just a regular person, which I really am.


Prince Alexander
Alexander: I agree with my brother, I like to show my professional and private talents, and that is something I can do without a title.


Considering that you are twins, and that you live on different continents, is it hard for you, and how did you get used to that?


Philip: We have not lived together for 12 years, since we were 18, and finished high school. We speak on the phone pretty often, but not every day.


Alexander: I live in San Francisco and Philip in London, and somehow we know that everything is OK, that we are OK and that is most important for us.

Are you happy to get together on Christmas, here in Serbia?

Philip: Of course, to be here with our family.

Alexander: I am very happy that we all got together and to be here.

For how long have you not seen each other?

Since August, and we were together here then as well.

Are you in love?

Philip: I am, I have long time girlfriend, Lucy.

Alexander: I am not, I do not have a girlfriend, it looks like they don’t want me, he said with a big smile.


You said in one interview that you are not ready yet for a wedding, did it change maybe since then?


Philip: Nothing has changed, I am not ready yet because I am still trying to build my professional career. When I succeed, I would like to provide the same to somebody else, and to be the real head of my family.


Would you like to marry a Serbian woman?

Alexander: Nationality has nothing to do with emotions and love, but I would surely like if it happens that I get in love with Serbian woman. Besides beauty, they are strong women with good character, and I like such girls.


Philip: I think exactly the same as my brother, we are twins after all, joked Philip.

Do you consider coming back to Serbia eventually, and what do you think could you live here?


Philip: It is not easy to live outside ones country, build up your life in another country, and then suddenly give it all up. At present circumstances, I am developing my career in another place. I would like to realize myself professionally, and then to use my knowledge and contacts for the benefit of this country.

Alexander: It is not easy to take such a step, but I surely review and recognise possibilities that I would have had here.

Could you compare Belgrade with cities you currently live in, London and San Francisco?

Philip: London is much bigger, and has more different nationalities living there, but some positive vibes are very much alike here and there.

Alexander: Bridges are the common thing for San Francisco and Belgrade, but people are more relaxed here and I like that.

What can you tell us about the humanitarian Ball that you organize in New York?

Alexander: I want to help Serbia and to promote it in a best possible way, and that is exactly what I will do during that Ball.

Philip: We promote our country in the best possible way, regarding culture and all things interesting here, and we pay much attention to problems that Serbia is facing. The next Ball will be on March 15 in New York City.

Kate and William are wonderful people

We know William and Kate, but we don’t hang around with them. We have common friends who keep them in high esteem, and we certainly think they are wonderful couple and very nice people.




From left to right: TRH Prince Philip, Prince Alexander, Crown Prince Alexander, Crown Princess Katherine, Prince Peter

No comments: